How It Works
Step 1 - Identification
The first step is to identify bright girl students from poor families of daily wage earners, road-side vendors, masons, rickshaw pullers, rag pickers, etc with monthly income less than Rs. 10,000/-
- The team visits the slums and juggi-joparis of Panipat, Haryana
- Swayamsevikas residing in these areas are selected
- The appointed Swayamsevikas help to identify poor and bright girls
- A list of poor and bright girls is prepared
Step 2 - Selection
The next step is the process to select bright girls purely based on merit.
- From the identified list, applicants are invited.
- The team scrutinizes and conducts tests.
- Girls with 60% and above are shortlisted.
- Interviews are conducted with the girl and her family to establish commitment to the program.
- All selected girls are asked to open a bank account with the help of the trust.
Step 3 - Sponsorships
In this step, sponsorships are sought from existing and new sponsors for the shortlisted girls
- Girls are allocated to the existing list of sponsors.
- New sponsors are sought for the remaining girls.
- Sponsors are duly notified along with Bank Account details of the girls.
- The scholarship amount @ Rs.1500/- per quarter is deposited directly by the Sponsors in the Bank account of the girl. The total scholarship amount is Rs.6,000 per year.
- The academic year begins April 1st every year.
Step 4 - Follow Through
The final step is to follow through on the process and ensure the process adds value to the girls.
- Gyaanjyoti team ensure that scholarship amount is deposited by the sponsors well in time.
- Trust members work also as mentors of different groups.
- Seminars and talks are organized.
- Feedback is given on a regular basis to sponsors on their progress.
How can you support
The Trust believes in complete transparency and emphasises that you donate directly into the source account. The below is how you can contribute:
- Sponsor education for girls identified by the Trust
- One time donation for running the trust – seminars, outdoor activities, talks etc.
- Donate a lump sum amount to shortlisted girls for higher education after 12th
Want to donate / Need to know more?
Send us an email and we will get back to you with more details or call us on the below numbers to know more.